Customers using the Canvas learning management system can embed content from Today’s Science directly in their courses. For installation instructions, please refer to the Today’s Science Canvas External App Installation article.
The LTI app provides a rich integration between Today’s Science and your Canvas courses. Users of Canvas can embed Today’s Science resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Canvas HTML editor.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within Today’s Science.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed Today’s Science records directly into Canvas courses, without leaving Canvas.
Using the Today’s Science Canvas Plugin
Once the app is installed, Today’s Science resources may be embedded using the Today’s Science button found inside Canvas. Any content block that loads the HTML editor will have this icon.
- Click on the Today’s Science icon button in the editor menu to launch the Today’s Science application.
After you click on this button, the embed content window will appear with the Today’s Science search box.
- Enter your keyword or phrase into the search box and click the search icon.
- The search results window offers several functions.
- Pagination- Use the pagination controls to skip to other pages of results.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the record before deciding to embed it. Clicking on this link opens a new window.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert the selected record into your course.
- Once you have chosen a record to embed, click on the Embed button.
- You will be returned to the editor and your content will appear as a gray box.
- Click the Save button at the bottom to publish this resource.
The embedded record will then be visible.